Specialty-specific healthcare information technology leader Modernizing Medicine announces enhanced patient engagement tools to help improve communications and practice efficiencies for customers using the company’s practice management software.
Patients who do not show for appointments can be a significant cost and efficiency drain to practices, yet many practices do not track their no-show rate or quantify the cost. Modernizing Medicine now directly offers its customers patient communication technology powered by Relatient designed to reduce no-shows and improve patient compliance, satisfaction and operational efficiency, explains a media release from Modernizing Medicine.
The new patient engagement tools work seamlessly with our practice management software and can:
● Confirm appointments with automated texts, emails and phone calls
● Remind patients of upcoming appointments
● Engage no-show patients for a future appointment
● Update patients with last-minute schedule changes or delays
● Receive feedback after each appointment with automated patient surveys
“As a practicing physician, I want happy patients who return to my office for care,” shares Dr Michael Sherling, chief medical and strategy officer at Modernizing Medicine, in the release. “Patient engagement is not only a key component of value-based care, but it’s also simply the right way to approach care delivery. Providers who embrace this technology should experience both improved practice efficiency and patient satisfaction. Both the practice and the patients win.”
The new patient engagement offerings include:
● Patient Reminders and Patient Surveys for dermatology, ophthalmology, orthopedic surgery, pain management, otolaryngology, urology and plastic surgery customers
● gReminder+ and gSurvey for gastroenterology customers
[Source(s): Modernizing Medicine, Business Wire]